Hi,

We use to work on a single DC (EC2Snitch / SimpleStrategy). For latency reason we had top open a new DC in the US (us-east). We run C* 1.2.2. We don't use VPC.

Now we use:
- 2 DC (eu-west, us-east)
- EC2MultiRegionSnitch / NTS
- public IPs as broadcast_address and seeds
- private IPs as listen_address

Yet we are experimenting some troubles (node can't reach itself, Could not start register mbean in JMX...), mainly because of the use of public IPs and the AWS inter-region communication.

If someone has successfully setup this kind of cluster, I would like to know, if our configuration is correct and if I am missing something.

I also would like to know what ports I have to open and either where I have to open them from.