I run a 1.1 cluster and currently testing out a 1.2 cluster.  I have noticed that with 1.2 it switched to CQL3 which is acting differently than I would expect.  When I do "select key from \"cf\";" I get many many duplicate keys.  When I did the same with CQL 2 I only get the keys defined.  This seems to also be the case for count(*), in cql2 it would return the number of keys i have, in 3 it returns way more than i really have.

$ cqlsh `hostname` <<EOF
use keyspace;
select count(*) from "cf";
EOF

 count
-------
 10000

Default LIMIT of 10000 was used. Specify your own LIMIT clause to get more results.

$ cqlsh `hostname` -3 <<EOF
use keyspace;
select count(*) from "cf";
EOF

 count
-------
 10000

$ cqlsh `hostname` -2 <<EOF
use keyspace;
select count(*) from cf;
EOF

 count
-------
  1934

1934 rows have really been inserted. Is there something up with cql3 or is there something else going on?

Thanks for your time reading this email.