Hi,

I am trying to build the storage of stock prices in Cassandra. My queries are ideally of three types:

- give me everything between time A and time B;

- give me everything about symbol X;

- give me everything of type Y;

…or an intersection of the three. Something I will be happy doing is:

- give me all the trades about APPL between 7:00am and 3:00pm of a certain day.

However, being a time series, I will be happy to retrieve the data in ascending order of timestamp (from 7:00 to 3:00).

I have tried to build my table with the timestamp (as timeuuid) as primary key, however I cannot manage to get my data in order and and “order by” in CQL3 raise an error and doesn’t perform the query.

Does anybody have any suggestion to get a good design the fits my queries?

Thanks,

David