From "Vegard Berget" <p...@fantasista.no>
Subject Changing replication factor
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 13:04:38 GMT
Hi,
If one increases the replication factor of a keyspace and then do a
repair, how will this affect the performance of the affected nodes?
Could we risk the nodes being (more or less) unresponsive while repair
is going on?  The nodes I am speaking of contains ~100gb of data.
 Also, some of the keyspaces I am considering increase the
replication factor for contains Counter Column Families (has rf:1).
 I think I have read that adding replication to counter cfs will
affect performance negatively, is this correct?
Cassandra version is 1.1.7.
.vegard,