From Nimi Wariboko Jr <nimiwaribo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data Loss/Missing With Cassandra
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 16:39:27 GMT
How can I recover that data? Can I assume they are still in the sstables? Would doing a sstable2json
then reading and reinserting be an optimal solution?

On Monday, June 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Tyler Hobbs wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Nimi Wariboko Jr <nimiwaribokoj@gmail.com (mailto:nimiwaribokoj@gmail.com)>
wrote:
> > If I had to do a repair after upping the RF, than that is probably what caused the
data loss. Wish I had been more careful.

> > I'm guessing the data is irrevocably lost, I didn't make any any snapshots.
> >
> > Would it be possible to figure out if only a certain part of the ring was effected?
That would be helpful in figuring out what data was lost.

> > I've done a full repair now, so I'm also guessing that inconsistent data is now
completely gone as well, right?
> Cassandra doesn't remove data automatically (partially to help prevent data loss in cases
like this).  The original node will still have the full set of data unless you have run a
cleanup operation (nodetool cleanup) on it.