From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: block size
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:52:00 GMT
> If I have a data in column of size 500KB,

Also some information here http://thelastpickle.com/2011/04/28/Forces-of-Write-and-Read/

The data files are memory mapped so it's sort of OS dependant.

-----------------

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 21/06/2013, at 8:29 AM, Shahab Yunus <shahab.yunus@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok. Though the closest that I can find is this (Aaron Morton's great blog):
> http://thelastpickle.com/2011/07/04/Cassandra-Query-Plans/
>
> I would also like to know the answer as, as such, I also haven't came across 'block size'
as a core concept (or a concept to be considered while developing with) Cassandra unlike Hadoop.

> Regards,
> Shahab
>

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Kanwar Sangha <kanwar@mavenir.com> wrote:
> Yes. Is that not specific to hadoop with CFS ? I want to know that If I have a data in
column of size 500KB, how many IOPS are needed to read that ? (assuming we have key cache
enabled)