From André Cruz <andre.c...@co.sapo.pt>
Subject Compacted data returns with repair?
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 15:50:27 GMT
Hello.

I deleted a lot of data from one of my CFs, waited the gc_grace_period, and as the compactions
were deleting the data slowly, ran a major compaction on that CF. It reduced the size to what
I expected. I did not run a major compaction on the other 2 nodes (RF = 3) before repairs
took place and now the CF is again jumping in size on the node I ran the major compaction.
Is this expected? Does the repair get the data back from the other nodes even though it should
be gone?

I should add I'm using Cassandra 1.1.5.

Thanks,
André