From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: NREL has released open source Databus on github for time series data
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:51:52 GMT
When you say aggregates, do you mean converting 1 minute data to 15 minute data or do you mean
summing different streams such that you have the total energy from energy streams A, B, C,
etc.

Ps. We are working on supporting both….there is a clusterable cron job thing in place right
now that does some aggregation already but there is another in the works for moving higher
rate data to lower rates.

Dean

From: aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com<mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com>>
Date: Monday, June 24, 2013 9:51 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: NREL has released open source Databus on github for time series data

Hi Dean,
Does this handle rollup aggregates along with the time series data ?
I had a quick look at the links and could not see anything.

Cheers
Aaron

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 22/06/2013, at 2:51 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>
wrote:

NREL has released their open source databus.  They spin it as energy data (and a system for
campus energy/building energy) but it is very general right now and probably will stay pretty
general.  More information can be found here

http://www.nrel.gov/analysis/databus/

The source code can be found here
https://github.com/deanhiller/databus

Star the project if you like the idea.  NREL just did a big press release and is developing
a community around the project.  It is in it's early stages but there are users using it and
I am helping HP set an instance up this month.  If you want to become a committer on the project,
let me know as well.

Later,
Dean