From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject quick question on seed nodes configuration
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 13:26:44 GMT
For ease of use, we actually had a single cassandra.yaml deployed to every machine and a script
that swapped out the token and listen address.  I had seed nodes ip1,ip2,ip3 as the seeds
but what I didn't realize was then that these nodes had themselves as seeds.  I am assuming
that should never be done, is that correct.  I really should deploy ip1, ip2, ip3 on all nodes
and then for nodes 1, 2, and 3, I should do something like

ip1 will have ip2, ip3, ip4
ip2 will have ip1, ip3, ip4
Etc. etc.

QUESTION: Would it be ok if I just configured every node to be the 3 ip's after it like this
instead as well
ip1 would have ip2, ip3, ip4
ip2 would have ip3, ip4, ip5
ip3 would have ip4, ip5, ip6
ip4 would have ip5, ip6, ip1

Is this okay for seed node configuration?

Thanks,
Dean