From "Hiller, Dean" <>
Subject Re: AssertionError: Unknown keyspace?
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 12:55:02 GMT
Ah, so digging deeper, it is not bootstrapping.  How do I force the node
to bootstrap?  (this is version 1.2.2 and the other nodes somehow knew to
bootstrap automatically but this one I need to force for some reason).  I
remember there was a property for this.

NOTE: I enabled some debug logs and auto bootstrap is true according to
this log
DEBUG 06:53:03,411 setting auto_bootstrap to true

OR better yet, if someone can point me to the code on where bootstrap is
decided so I can see why it decides not to bootstrap?

On 6/24/13 6:42 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <> wrote:

>I haven't seen this error in a long time.  We just received the below
>error in production when rebuilding a node҆any ideas on how to get around
>this?  We had rebuilt 3 other nodes already I think(we have been swapping
>ERROR 06:32:21,474 Exception in thread Thread[ReadStage:1,5,main]
>java.lang.AssertionError: Unknown keyspace databus5
>at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.<init>(
>at org.apache.cassandra.db.ReadVerbHandler.doVerb(
>Thanks for any insight,

View raw message