From srmore <>
Subject Re: Heap is not released and streaming hangs at 0%
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:33:31 GMT
Thanks Rob,
But then shouldn't JVM C G it eventually ? I can still see Cassandra alive
and kicking but looks like the heap is locked up even after the traffic is
long stopped.

nodetool -h localhost flush didn't do much good.
the version I am running is 1.0.12 (I know its due for a upgrade but gotto
work with this for now).

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Robert Coli <> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 8:25 AM, srmore <> wrote:
> > I see an issues when I run high traffic to the Cassandra nodes, the heap
> > gets full to about 94% (which is expected)
> Which is expected to cause GC failure? ;)
> But seriously, the reason your node is unable to GC is that you have
> filled your heap too fast for it to keep up. The JVM has seized up
> like Joe Namath with vapor lock.
> > Any ideas as to how I can speed up this up and reclaim the heap ?
> Don't exhaust the ability of GC to C G. :)
> =Rob
> PS - What version of cassandra? If you "nodetool -h localhost flush"
> does it help?

View raw message