From horschi <>
Subject Re: Cassandra optimizations for multi-core machines
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 21:26:16 GMT

Cassandra is heavily multithreaded. If the load demands it will make use of
your 8 cores.

I dont know the startup code, but I would assume it would be parallelized
if neccessary/possible. Afaik there were optimizations already made to
reduce the startup time. Therefore I would assume any optimizations left
would not be so easy.

Christian Spriegel

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM, srmore <> wrote:

> Hello All,
> We are thinking of going with Cassandra on a 8 core machine, are there any
> optimizations that can help us here ?
> I have seen that during startup stage Cassandra uses only one core, is
> there a way we can speed up the startup process ?
> Thanks !

View raw message