From Andrew Bialecki <>
Subject Updated sstable size for LCS, ran upgradesstables, file sizes didn't change
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 23:40:02 GMT
We're potentially considering increasing the size of our sstables for some
column families from 10MB to something larger.

In test, we've been trying to verify that the sstable file sizes change and
then doing a bit of benchmarking. However when we run alter the column
family and then run "nodetool upgradesstables -a keyspace columnfamily,"
the files in the data directory have been re-written, but the file sizes
are the same.

Is this the expected behavior? If not, what's the right way to upgrade
them. If this is expected, how can we benchmark the read/write performance
with varying sstable sizes.

Thanks in advance!

View raw message