From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coprosessors/Triggers in C*
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:21:17 GMT
I do not understand what feature you suggesting. Columns can already have a
ttl. Are you speaking of a ttl column that could delete something beside
itself.

That does not sound easy because a ttl comment is dorment until read or
compacted.

On Tuesday, June 11, 2013, Gareth Collins <gareth.o.collins@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello Edward,
> I am curious - What about triggering on a TTL timeout delete (something I
am most interested in doing - perhaps it doesn't make sense?)? Would you
say that is something the user should implement themselves? Would you see
intravert being able to do something with this at some later point
(somehow?)?
> thanks,
> Gareth
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> This is arguably something you should do yourself. I have been
investigating integrating vertx and cassandra together for a while to
accomplish this type of work, mainly to move processing close to data and
eliminate large batches that can be computed from a single map of data.

https://github.com/zznate/intravert-ug/wiki/Service-Processor-for-trigger-like-functionality