From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: [Cassandra] Replacing a cassandra node
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 18:40:44 GMT
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Emalayan Vairavanathan
<svemalayan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In the case where replace a cassandra node (call it node A) with another one
> that has the exact same IP (ie. during a node failure), what exactly should
> we do?  Currently I understand that we should at least run "nodetool
> repair".

If you lost the data from the node, then what you want is "replace_token."

If you didn't lose the data from the node (and can tolerate stale
reads until the repair completes) you want to start the node with
auto_bootstrap set to false and then repair.

=Rob