From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: 1.2 tuning
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 17:36:07 GMT
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Darren Smythe <darren1482@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is "setting live ratio to minimum of 1.0 instead of X" supposed to be rare?
> Because were getting it fairly consistently.

Do you have working JNA? If so, my understanding is that message
should be relatively rare..

./src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/Memtable.java
"
              double newRatio = (double) deepSize / currentSize.get();

                    if (newRatio < MIN_SANE_LIVE_RATIO)
                    {
                        logger.warn("setting live ratio to minimum of
{} instead of {}", MIN_SANE_LIVE_RATIO, newRatio);
                        newRatio = MIN_SANE_LIVE_RATIO;
                    }
"

=Rob