From Franc Carter <franc.car...@sirca.org.au>
Subject Re: Performance Difference between Cassandra version
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 23:24:20 GMT
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Raihan Jamal <jamalraihan@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to see whether there will be any performance difference
> between Cassandra 1.0.8 vs Cassandra 1.2.2 for reading the data mainly?
>
> Has anyone seen any major performance difference?

We are part way through a performance comparison between 1.0.9 with Size
Tiered Compaction and 1.2.4 with Leveled Compaction - for our use case it
looks like a significant performance improvement on the read side.  We are
finding compaction lags when we do very large bulk loads, but for us this
is an initialisation task and that's a reasonable trade-off

cheers

--

*Franc Carter* | Systems architect | Sirca Ltd
 <marc.zianideferranti@sirca.org.au>

franc.carter@sirca.org.au | www.sirca.org.au

Tel: +61 2 8355 2514

Level 4, 55 Harrington St, The Rocks NSW 2000

PO Box H58, Australia Square, Sydney NSW 1215