From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 1.0.9 Performance
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 05:20:54 GMT
> serving a load of approximately 600GB
is that 600GB in the cluster or 600GB per node ?
In pre 1.2 days we recommend around 300GB to 500GB per node with spinning disks and 1Gbe networking.
It's a soft rule of thumb not a hard rule. Above that size repair and replacing a failed node
can take a long time.

> Does anyone have CPU/memory/network graphs (e.g. Cacti) over the last 1-2 months they
are willing to share of their Cassandra database nodes?
If you can share yours and any specific concerns you may have we may be able to help.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 24/06/2013, at 1:14 PM, G man <gmanlists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are running a 1.0.9 cluster with 3 nodes (RF=3) serving a load of approximately 600GB,
and since I am fairly new to Cassandra, I'd like to compare notes with other people running
a cluster of similar size (perhaps not in the amount of data, but the number of nodes).