From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: NREL has released open source Databus on github for time series data
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 04:43:43 GMT
> When you say aggregates, do you mean converting 1 minute data to 15 minute data
That one.
Essentially replicating a multi dimensional cube; a fact table with dimensions and aggregates
of the fact properties calculated for the dimension values, including hierarchical dimensions
such as time and location.

I'll try to keep an eye on what your doing :)

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/06/2013, at 2:51 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

> When you say aggregates, do you mean converting 1 minute data to 15 minute data or do
you mean summing different streams such that you have the total energy from energy streams
A, B, C, etc.

> Ps. We are working on supporting both….there is a clusterable cron job thing in place
right now that does some aggregation already but there is another in the works for moving
higher rate data to lower rates.

> Dean
>
> From: aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com<mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com>>
> Date: Monday, June 24, 2013 9:51 PM
> To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: NREL has released open source Databus on github for time series data
>
> Hi Dean,
> Does this handle rollup aggregates along with the time series data ?
> I had a quick look at the links and could not see anything.
>
> Cheers
> Aaron
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 22/06/2013, at 2:51 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>
wrote:

> NREL has released their open source databus.  They spin it as energy data (and a system
for campus energy/building energy) but it is very general right now and probably will stay
pretty general.  More information can be found here

> http://www.nrel.gov/analysis/databus/
>
> The source code can be found here
> https://github.com/deanhiller/databus
>
> Star the project if you like the idea.  NREL just did a big press release and is developing
a community around the project.  It is in it's early stages but there are users using it and
I am helping HP set an instance up this month.  If you want to become a committer on the project,
let me know as well.