From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Problems with node rejoining cluster
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2013 05:16:06 GMT
> When you say copy all the data and config in step 2 below, is that for backup reasons,
or do I need to actually copy it back manually to the box?
That was to move to another box, but you can use the same process to re-build the box. Just
get the data and config off the node then put it back.

> nodetool always reports it joins back the cluster fine. cassandra-cli does not report
split schema.
mmm, somehow the node got a mutation for a CF it does not have.

Does the error happen all the time.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 28/06/2013, at 8:10 PM, Arindam Barua <abarua@247-inc.com> wrote:

> I am re-installing on the same machine (the IP stays the sameĀ­), but need to wipe all
the disks for the OS switch.

> When you say copy all the data and config in step 2 below, is that for backup reasons,
or do I need to actually copy it back manually to the box? When the node joins back the cluster,
should it not automatically get the data via bootstrapping?

> >> The error you got says that the schema was not replicated. Check that the node
is part of cluster and check for a split schema using cassandra-cli (FAQ on the wiki has help
for split schema)
> nodetool always reports it joins back the cluster fine. cassandra-cli does not report
split schema.

> Thanks,
> Arindam

back the node. I'm assuming if we do specify a token, we should specify exactly the same token
when we add that node back.