From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: [Cassandra] Replacing a cassandra node with one of the same IP
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 03:53:17 GMT
> so I am just wondering if this means the hinted handoffs are also updated to reflect the
new Cassandra node uuid.
Without checking the code I would guess not.
Because it would involve a potentially large read / write / delete to create a new row with
the same data. And Hinted Handoff is an optimisation.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 22/06/2013, at 9:52 AM, "Mahony, Robin" <Robin.Mahony@netapp.com> wrote:

> Please note that I am currently using version 1.2.2 of Cassandra.  Also we are using
virtual nodes.

> My question mainly stems from the fact that the nodes appear to be aware that the node
uuid changes for the IP (from reading the logs), so I am just wondering if this means the
hinted handoffs are also updated to reflect the new Cassandra node uuid. If that was the case,
I would not think a nodetool cleanup would be necessary.