From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: rename a cluster in cassandra 1.2.6
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 07:51:34 GMT
The cluster name is read from the yaml file the first time the server starts and stored in
the system tables, these are in the local CF in the system KS.

If this is test system just blow away the data for the CF or truncate it.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/06/2013, at 7:30 PM, Paco a.k.a. Francisco Trujillo <F.Trujillo@genetwister.nl>
wrote:

> I am using cassandra 1.2.6 in cluster with a single node. I am trying to rename the cluster
using the instructions in:

> Cassandra clustername mismatch
>
> After doing all the steps indicate I continue with the same error when I start cassandra
after change the cassandra.yaml file

> Do anyone Know if it is a problem of cassandra 1.2.6?
>
> Thanks
>
> <image001.png>
> Disclaimer
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom/which they are addressed. If you have received
this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately, delete this e-mail from your system
and do not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. This e-mail shall not constitute a
binding agreement unless expressly confirmed in writing by one of the Directors of Genetwister.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Genetwister. Finally, the recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Genetwister accepts no liability
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail or damage caused by the use
of the information contained in this e-mail. / Chamber of Commerce Arnhem, The Netherlands
no.: 11043533