From Ben Boule <>
Subject token() function in CQL3 (1.2.5)
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:47:05 GMT
Can anyone explain this to me?  I have been looking through the source code but can't seem
to find the answer.

The documentation mentions using the token() function to change a value into it's token for
use in queries.   It always mentions it as taking a single parameter:

SELECT * FROM posts WHERE token(userid) > token('tom') AND token(userid) < token('bob')

However on my 1.2.5 node I am getting the following error:

create table foo (
    organization text,
    type text,
    time timestamp,
    id uuid,
    primary key ((organization, type, time), id))

select * from foo where organization = 'companyA' and type = 'typeB' and token(time) <
token('somevalue') and token(time) > token('othervalue')

Bad Request: Invalid number of arguments in call to function token: 3 required but 1 provided

What are the other two parameters?  We don't currently use the token function but I was experimenting
seeing if I could move the time into the partition key for a table like this to better distribute
the rows.  But I can't seem to figure out how to get token() working.

This electronic message contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The
information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission
in error, please notify us by e-mail at ( immediately.

View raw message