From Francisco Andrades Grassi <bigjoc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: timeuuid and cql3 query
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:16:44 GMT
Hi,

I believe what he's recommending is:

CREATE TABLE count3 (
  counter text,
  ts timeuuid,
  key1 text,
  value int,
  PRIMARY KEY (counter, ts)
)

That way counter will be your partitioning key, and all the rows that have the same counter
value will be clustered (stored as a single wide row sorted by the ts value). In this scenario
the query:

 where counter = 'test' and ts > minTimeuuid('2013-06-18 16:23:00') and ts < minTimeuuid('2013-06-18
16:24:00');

would actually be a sequential read on a wide row on a single node.

--
Francisco Andrades Grassi
www.bigjocker.com

On Jun 19, 2013, at 12:17 PM, "Ryan, Brent" <BRyan@cvent.com> wrote:

> Tyler,
>
> You're recommending this schema instead, correct?
>
> CREATE TABLE count3 (
>   counter text,
>   ts timeuuid,
>   key1 text,
>   value int,
>   PRIMARY KEY (ts, counter)
> )
>
> I believe I tried this as well and ran into similar problems but I'll try it again.
I'm using the "ByteOrderedPartitioner" if that helps with the latest version of DSE community
edition which I believe is Cassandra 1.2.3.

> Thanks,
> Brent
>

> From: Tyler Hobbs <tyler@datastax.com>
> Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:00 AM
> To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: timeuuid and cql3 query
>

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Ryan, Brent <BRyan@cvent.com> wrote:
>
> CREATE TABLE count3 (
>   counter text,
>   ts timeuuid,
>   key1 text,
>   value int,
>   PRIMARY KEY ((counter, ts))
> )
>
> Instead of doing a composite partition key, remove a set of parens and let ts be your
clustering key.  That will cause cql rows to be stored in sorted order by the ts column (for
a given value of "counter") and allow you to do the kind of query you're looking for.