From Dan Kogan <...@iqtell.com>
Subject RE: Looking for a fully working AWS multi DC configuration.
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 20:24:40 GMT
For the ones that need access by public IP we have not found a way to automate it.  Would be
curious to know if anyone else has been able to that.
In the case of access by private IP we just specify security group as the source.

From: Alain RODRIGUEZ [mailto:arodrime@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 5:45 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Looking for a fully working AWS multi DC configuration.

Do you open all these nodes one by one on every Security Group in each region every time you
add a node or did you manage to automate it somehow ?

2013/6/5 Dan Kogan <dan@iqtell.com<mailto:dan@iqtell.com>>
Hi,

We are using a very similar configuration.  From our experience, Cassandra nodes in the same
DC need access over both public and private IP on the storage port (7000/7001).  Nodes from
other DC will need access over public IP on the storage port.
All Cassandra nodes also need access over the public IP on the Thrift port (9160).

Dan