From Michal Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: Coprosessors/Triggers in C*
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 06:19:12 GMT
I understood it as a "run trigger when column gets deleted due to TTL",
so - as you said - it doesn't sound like something that can be done.

Gareth, TTL'd columns in Cassandra are not really removed after TTL -
they are just ignored from that time (so they're not returned by
queries), but they still exist as long as they're not tombstoned and
then removed after grace period. Cassandra doesn't know about the exact
moment they become "outdated" due to TTL. It could be doable to do
something when they get converted to tombstone, but I don't think it's
the use case you're looking for.

M.