From Arthur Zubarev <arthur.zuba...@aol.com>
Subject Re: Bulk loader with Cassandra 1.2.5
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2013 01:58:59 GMT
I am interested to know if the compaction directive is the key because I
have the same symptoms on Ubuntu Server 12.04 64 bit C* 1.2.4 with a CF
of ~ > half mil records 6,000 chars each.

I can only get back max 6,000 records read in cqlsh, so, if I query
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM A_CF LIMIT 6000; It works, but ... LIMIT 7000
results in the "rpc timeout" (I have the read time-out elevated to a
value three times greater than the default in cassandra.yaml).

--

Regards,

Arthur