From Michal Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: Removing authentification
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 10:00:41 GMT
How about authorizer? Is it set to
org.apache.cassandra.auth.AllowAllAuthorizer?

Authenticator is responsible for handling logging in as a specific user.
Authorizer checks if logged user has appriopriate permissions.

M.

W dniu 04.06.2013 11:54, cscetbon.ext@orange.com pisze:
> Hi,
>
> What's the procedure to remove authentification ?
> I have set authenticator to org.apache.cassandra.auth.AllowAllAuthenticator in cassandra.yaml,
however I still get

> cqlsh:pns_fr> select * from t1 limit 1;
> Bad Request: User anonymous has no SELECT permission on <table k1.t1> or any of
its parents
> Perhaps you meant to use CQL 2? Try using the -2 option when starting cqlsh.
>
> Do I have to drop system_auth keyspace ? Can I do it without authentification enabled
?

> thanks
> --
> Cyril SCETBON

> Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou
privilegiees et ne doivent donc
> pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message
par erreur, veuillez le signaler
> a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques
etant susceptibles d'alteration,
> France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme
ou falsifie. Merci.

> This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that
may be protected by law;
> If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message
and its attachments.
> As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have
been modified, changed or falsified.