From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Problems with node rejoining cluster
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 05:10:38 GMT
Are you move the node to a new machine or re-installing on the same machine ?

If it's the former then:
*  shut it down cleanly
* copy all the data and config
* update the yaml with the new IP for list_address, rpc_address and seed_list
* restart the node

The error you got says that the schema was not replicated. Check that the node is part of
cluster and check for a split schema using cassandra-cli (FAQ on the wiki has help for split

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

On 27/06/2013, at 8:57 AM, Arindam Barua <> wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
> Are there any other general comments on the steps we are taking to decommission and join
back the node. I'm assuming if we do specify a token, we should specify exactly the same token
when we add that node back.

View raw message