From Emalayan Vairavanathan <>
Subject [Cassandra] Replacing a cassandra node
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:40:27 GMT
Hi All,

I have a question.

In the case where replace a cassandra node (call it node A) with
another one that has the exact same IP (ie. during a node failure), what exactly should we
do?  Currently I understand that we should at least
run "nodetool repair".  I noticed that the cassandra system logs of other nodes detect that
node A has its host uuid change
once you have re-installed it and recreated its data directory. I am not sure however if this
includes updating all the hinted handoffs. If it
did, I would see no need to run "nodetool cleanup" but am uncertain exactly.  Your help is
much appreciated.

Thank you
View raw message