From Bao Le <l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Custom 1.2 Authentication plugin will not work unless user is in system_auth.users column family
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:12:33 GMT
Hi,

  We have a custom  authenticator that works well with Cassandra 1.1.5.
When upgrading to C* 1.2.5, authentication failed. Turn out that in ClientState.login, we
make a call to Auth.isExistingUser(user.getName())
if the AuthenticatedUser is not Anonymous user. This isExistingUser method does a query on
system_auth.users and if it cannot find the name there, throw an exception.

  If our authentication model involves exchanging data on the fly and not relying on pre-created
users, how do we bypass this check? Should we
add a method on IAuthenticator to specify whether user look-up is needed or not?

Bao