From Mohammed Guller <moham...@glassbeam.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra terminates with OutOfMemory (OOM) error
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 00:38:00 GMT
No deletes. In my test, I am just writing and reading data.

There is a lot of GC, but only on the younger generation. Cassandra terminates before the
GC for old generation kicks in.

I know that our queries are reading an unusual amount of data. However, I expected it to throw
a timeout exception instead of crashing. Also, don't understand why 1.8 Gb heap is getting
full when the total data stored in the entire Cassandra cluster is less than 55 MB.

Mohammed

On Jun 21, 2013, at 7:30 PM, "sankalp kohli" <kohlisankalp@gmail.com<mailto:kohlisankalp@gmail.com>>