From "Arthur Zubarev" <Arthur.Zuba...@Aol.com>
Subject Re: Creating an "Index" column...
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 21:08:01 GMT
Tony hi,

Yes, in some scenarios (e.g. a DW), e.g. absence of proper PKs or indexes (just too hard to
envision, you need to think of future queries 1st) getting thru large volumes of data makes
NoSQL IMHO hard to fit in.

But you have other choices:

1) pagination or
2) slice queries.

Both of that is covered here:

http://pkghosh.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/cassandra-range-query-made-simple/

Hope that helps.

/Arthur

From: Tony Anecito
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:55 PM
To: Robert Coli ; Users-Cassandra
Subject: Re: Creating an "Index" column...

Hi Robert,

Actually that is what I did. I did that in my RDMS data model. In Cassandra or NOSQL without
join or nested selects I have to do two queries. Also, since batching is not supported on
the server side which makes the performance worse.

I just started learning Cassandra but I am learning fast and there are some challenges when
moving to a new data model driven by these factors.

Regards,
-Tony