From Davide Anastasia <Davide.Anasta...@qualitycapital.com>
Subject Data model for financial time series
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 16:34:00 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to build the storage of stock prices in Cassandra. My queries are ideally of three
types:
- give me everything between time A and time B;
- give me everything about symbol X;
- give me everything of type Y;
...or an intersection of the three. Something I will be happy doing is:
- give me all the trades about APPL between 7:00am and 3:00pm of a certain day.

However, being a time series, I will be happy to retrieve the data in ascending order of timestamp
(from 7:00 to 3:00).

I have tried to build my table with the timestamp (as timeuuid) as primary key, however I
cannot manage to get my data in order and and "order by" in CQL3 raise an error and doesn't
perform the query.

Does anybody have any suggestion to get a good design the fits my queries?
Thanks,
David