From "Christopher Wirt" <>
Subject RE: Multiple JBOD data directory
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 13:11:56 GMT
I would hope so. Just trying to get some confirmation from someone with
production experience.

Thanks for your reply

From: Shahab Yunus []
Sent: 05 June 2013 13:31
Subject: Re: Multiple JBOD data directory

Though, I am a newbie bust just had a thought regarding your question 'How
will it handle requests for data which unavailable?', wouldn't the data be
served in that case from other nodes where it has been replicated?

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Christopher Wirt <>

We're thinking about using multiple data directories each with its own disk
and are currently testing this against a RAID0 config.

I've seen that there is failure handling with multiple JBOD.

We have two data directories mounted to separate drives

One of the drives fails

Will Cassandra continue to work?

How will it handle requests for data which unavailable?

If I want to add an additional drive what is the best way to go about
redistributing the data?

View raw message