If off-heap memory (for indes samples, bloom filters, row caches, key caches, etc) is exhausted, will cassandra experience a memory allocation error and quit?  If so, are there plans to make the off-heap usage more dynamic to allow less used pages to be replaced with "hot" data and the paged-out / "cold" data read back in again on demand?

-Bryan

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
index_interval won't be going away, but you won't need to change it as
often in 2.0: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5521

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra