I'm recovering from a significant failure and so am doing lots of nodetool move, removetoken, repair and cleanup.

For most of these I can do "nodetool netstats" to monitor progress but it doesn't show anything for cleanup...how can I monitor the progress of cleanup?  On a related note: I'm able to stop all client access to the cluster until things are happy again...is there anything I can do to make move/repair/cleanup go faster?

FWIW my problems came from trying to move nodes between EC2 availability zones...which led to
1) killing a node and recreating it in another availability zone
2) new node had different local ip address so cluster thought old node was just down and we had a new node...

I did the removetoken on the dead node and gave the new node oldToken-1...but things still got weird and I ended up spending a couple of days cleaning up (which seems odd for only about 300 gig total data).

Anyway, any suggestions for monitoring / speeding up cleanup would be appreciated.

Brian Tarbox