From Brian O'Neill <b...@alumni.brown.edu>
Subject Re: multitenant support with key spaces
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 11:50:14 GMT

You may want to look at using virtual keyspaces:
http://hector-client.github.io/hector/build/html/content/virtual_keyspaces.html

And follow these tickets:
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/MultiTenant

-brian

On May 6, 2013, at 2:37 AM, Darren Smythe wrote:

> How many keyspaces can you reasonably have? We have around 500 customers and expect that
to double end of year. We're looking into C* and wondering if it makes sense for a separate
KS per customer?

> If we have 1000 customers, so one KS per customer is 1000 keyspaces. Is that something
C* can handle efficiently? Each customer has about 10 GB of data (not taking replication into
account).

> Or is this symptomatic of a bad design?
>
> I guess the same question applies to our notion of breaking up the column families into
time ranges. We're naively trying to avoid having few large CFs/KSs. Is/should that be a concern?

> What are the tradeoffs of a smaller number of heavyweight KS/CFs vs. manually sharding
the data into more granular KSs/CFs?

--
Brian ONeill
Lead Architect, Health Market Science (http://healthmarketscience.com)