From Sam Hodgson <hodgson_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Added column does not sort as the last column at
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 10:33:48 GMT
Thanks for this Aaron - I eventually found some data corruption in the keys of the affected
CF's which i think was causing the issue.

> Subject: Re: Added column does not sort as the last column at
> From: aaron@thelastpickle.com
> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 22:08:17 +1200
> To: user@cassandra.apache.org
>
> To reduce possibilities, have you changed a super CF to a standard CF recently ?
>
> Can you isolate this to specific CF ?
>
> Have you changed the comparators / schema recently ?
>
> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 10/04/2013, at 1:26 AM, Sam Hodgson <hodgson_sam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >

> > I just upgraded from Cassandra 1.1.7 to 1.2.3 and im now seeing a lot of the following
error in my output.log, cant find much on the web about it:

> > ERROR 11:56:01,317 Exception in thread Thread[ReadStage:7236,5,main] java.lang.AssertionError:
Added column does not sort as the last column at org.apache.cassandra.db.ArrayBackedSortedColumns.addColumn(ArrayBackedSortedColumns.java:131)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.AbstractColumnContainer.addColumn(AbstractColumnContainer.java:109)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.AbstractColumnContainer.addColumn(AbstractColumnContainer.java:104)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.SliceQueryFilter.collectReducedColumns(SliceQueryFilter.java:171)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.QueryFilter.collateColumns(QueryFilter.java:136) at org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.QueryFilter.collateOnDiskAtom(QueryFilter.java:84)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.collectAllData(CollationController.java:294)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.getTopLevelColumns(CollationController.java:65)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getTopLevelColumns(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1363)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1220)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1132)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.getRow(Table.java:348) at org.apache.cassandra.db.SliceFromReadCommand.getRow(SliceFromReadCommand.java:70)
at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$LocalReadRunnable.runMayThrow(StorageProxy.java:1052)
at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$DroppableRunnable.run(StorageProxy.java:1578)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

> > I dont know Java and im struggling to identify exactly which query is causing this,
is there a way to trace this back to a specific query?