From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: data clean up problem
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 20:09:36 GMT
How much disk used on each node?  We run the suggested < 300G per node as above that compactions
can have trouble keeping up.

Ps. We run compactions during peak hours just fine because our client reroutes to the 2 of
3 nodes not running compactions based on seeing the slow node so performance stays fast.

The easy route is to of course double your cluster and halve the data sizes per node so compaction
can keep up.

Dean

From: cem <cayiroglu@gmail.com<mailto:cayiroglu@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:45 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: data clean up problem

Thanks for the answer.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I tried to say I don't send delete request from the client
so it safe to set gc_grace to 0. TTL is used for data clean up. I am not running a manual
compaction. I tried that ones but it took a lot of time finish and I will not have this amount
of off-peek time in the production to run this. I even set the compaction throughput to unlimited
and it didnt help that much.

Disk size just keeps on growing but I know that there is enough space to store 1 day data.

What do you think about time rage partitioning? Creating new column family for each partition
and drop when you know that all records are expired.

I have 5 nodes.

Cem.

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>