From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: High performance disk io
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 14:33:21 GMT
Well, if you just want to lower your I/O util %, you could always just add more nodes to the
cluster ;).

Dean

From: Igor <igor@4friends.od.ua<mailto:igor@4friends.od.ua>>
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:06 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: High performance disk io

Hello

What level of read performance do you expect? We have limit 15 ms for 99 percentile with average
read latency near 0.9ms. For some CF 99 percentile actually equals to 2ms, for other - to
10ms, this depends on the data volume you read in each query.

Tuning read performance involved cleaning up data model, tuning cassandra.yaml, switching
from Hector to astyanax, tuning OS parameters.