From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: any way to get the #writes/second, reads per second
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 11:37:14 GMT
Cool, thanks,
Dean

From: Tomàs Núnez <tomas.nunez@groupalia.com<mailto:tomas.nunez@groupalia.com>>
Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:53 AM
To: user <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: any way to get the #writes/second, reads per second

Yes, there isn't any place in the JMX with reads/second or writes/second, just CompletedTasks.
I send this info to Graphite (http://graphite.wikidot.com/) and use the "derivative" function
to get reads/minute. Munin also does the trick (https://github.com/tcurdt/jmx2munin). But
you can't do that with cassandra itself, you need somewhere to make the calculations (cacti
is also a good match).

Hope that helps. There is some more information about monitoring this kind of things here:
http://www.tomas.cat/blog/en/monitoring-cassandra-relevant-data-should-be-watched-and-how-send-it-graphite