From Jabbar Azam <aja...@gmail.com>
Subject Look table structuring advice
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 16:09:34 GMT
Hello,

I want to create a simple table holding user roles e.g.

create table roles (
       name text,
       primary key(name)
);

If I want to get a list of roles for some admin tool I can use the
following CQL3

select * from roles;

When a new name is added it will be stored on a different host and doing a
select * is going to be inefficient because the table will be stored across
the cluster and each node will respond. The number of roles may be less
than or just greater than a dozen. I'm not sure if I'm storing the roles
correctly.

The other thing I'm thinking about is that when I've read the roles once
then I can cache them.

Thanks

Jabbar Azam