From srmore <comom...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra performance decreases drastically with increase in data size.
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 04:32:11 GMT
Hello,
I am observing that my performance is drastically decreasing when my data
size grows. I have a 3 node cluster with 64 GB of ram and my data size is
around 400GB on all the nodes. I also see that when I re-start Cassandra
the performance goes back to normal and then again starts decreasing after
some time.

Some hunting landed me to this page
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/LargeDataSetConsiderations which talks
about the large data sets and explains that it might be because I am going
through multiple layers of OS cache, but does not tell me how to tune it.

So, my question is, are there any optimizations that I can do to handle
these large datatasets ?

and why does my performance go back to normal when I restart Cassandra ?

Thanks !