From srmore <>
Subject Cassandra performance decreases drastically with increase in data size.
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 04:32:11 GMT
I am observing that my performance is drastically decreasing when my data
size grows. I have a 3 node cluster with 64 GB of ram and my data size is
around 400GB on all the nodes. I also see that when I re-start Cassandra
the performance goes back to normal and then again starts decreasing after
some time.

Some hunting landed me to this page which talks
about the large data sets and explains that it might be because I am going
through multiple layers of OS cache, but does not tell me how to tune it.

So, my question is, are there any optimizations that I can do to handle
these large datatasets ?

and why does my performance go back to normal when I restart Cassandra ?

Thanks !

View raw message