From Derek Williams <de...@fyrie.net>
Subject Re: hector or astyanax
Date Sun, 05 May 2013 20:09:12 GMT
The binary protocol is able to multiplex multiple requests using a single
connection, which can lead to much better performance (similar to HTTP vs
SPDY). This is without comparing the performance of thrift vs binary
protocol, which I assume the binary protocol would be faster since it is
specialized for cassandra requests.

--
Derek Williams