From Darren Smythe <darren1...@gmail.com>
Subject multitenant support with key spaces
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 06:37:37 GMT
How many keyspaces can you reasonably have? We have around 500 customers
and expect that to double end of year. We're looking into C* and wondering
if it makes sense for a separate KS per customer?

If we have 1000 customers, so one KS per customer is 1000 keyspaces. Is
that something C* can handle efficiently? Each customer has about 10 GB of
data (not taking replication into account).

Or is this symptomatic of a bad design?

I guess the same question applies to our notion of breaking up the column
families into time ranges. We're naively trying to avoid having few large
CFs/KSs. Is/should that be a concern?

What are the tradeoffs of a smaller number of heavyweight KS/CFs vs.
manually sharding the data into more granular KSs/CFs?

Thanks for any info.