From Sam Mandes <eng.salaman...@gmail.com>
Subject CQL3 Question
Date Sun, 12 May 2013 05:31:00 GMT
Hello All,

This is my first post here.

I noticed that Cassandra is pushing CQL3 more, it's even recommended to use
CQL3 for new projects instead of the Thrift API. I know that one can use
the compact storage to allow backward compatibility. And I know that CQL3
uses the new binary protocol instead of Thrift now. I believe they both use
the same storage engine. (I still do not understand why they are
incompatible!)

Thus, I was wondering is there is a possible way that I can view the tables
created with CQL3 in a lower-level view like I used with Thrift? I mean I
can view the tables as simply CFs, just something to expose the internal
representation.

Thanks a lot