From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject For those using Cassandra from .Net
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 18:42:00 GMT
NativeX is giving a talk about using Cassandra with .Net. Our firm created
a port of Hector over to .Net late last year.

Here is the abstract.

*The Perils and Triumphs of using Cassandra at a .NET/Microsoft Shop*

*Speakers:* Derek Bromenshenkel and Jeff Smoley, Infrastructure Architects
at NativeX

NativeX (formerly W3i) recently transitioned a large portion of their
backend infrastructure from Microsoft SQL Server to Apache Cassandra.
Today, its Cassandra cluster backs its mobile advertising network
supporting over 10 million daily active users that produce over 10,000
transactions per second with an average database request latency of under 2
milliseconds. Come hear our story about how we were successful at getting
our .NET web apps to reliably connect to Cassandra. Come learn about
FluentCassandra, Snowflake, Hector, and IKVM. It's a story of struggle and
perseverance, where everyone lives happily ever after.