From Robert Coli <>
Subject Re: corrupt sstable
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 16:54:23 GMT
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Hiller, Dean <> wrote:
> We have a corrupt sstable databus5-nreldata-ib-36763-Data.db.  How do we safely blow
this away?  (and then we would run repair to make sure all data is still there)…
> Can we just move the file out from under cassandra?  (or would cassandra freak out?)

You can check via lsof whether the file is open by cassandra, but if
it is corrupt it was probably not successfully opened. If it's not
open by cassandra, you can do whatever you want to it. Actually if
it's open by cassandra you can also do whatever you want to, except
that whatever you do won't happen until cassandra releases its

View raw message