From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Cannot resolve schema disagreement
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 18:58:31 GMT
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM, srmore <comomore@gmail.com> wrote:
> After running the commands, I get back to the same issue. Cannot afford to
> lose the data so I guess this is the only option for me. And unfortunately I
> am using 1.0.12 ( cannot upgrade as of now ). Any, ideas on what might be
> happening or any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

If you can afford downtime on the cluster, the solution to this
problem with the highest chance of success is :

1) dump the existing schema from a good node
2) nodetool drain on all nodes
3) stop cluster
4) move schema and migration CF tables out of the way on all nodes
5) start cluster
6) re-load schema, being careful to explicitly check for schema
agreement on all nodes between schema modifying statements

In many/most cases of schema disagreement, people try the FAQ approach
and it doesn't work and they end up being forced to do the above
anyway. In general if you can tolerate the downtime, you should save
yourself the effort and just do the above process.

=Rob